Family Worship & Devotions
A Family Altar can Alter Your Family!
We believe that the family is the core social unit that God has created. The best way to pass on the faith is through good solid families who regularly worship God and talk about and live out His wonderful grace in their homes. Sunday school or Christian education hours are useful, but they are insufficient to teach and show the next generation the amazing Gospel. They must see the Gospel lived out within the home. Use these resources to help lead your family in family worship and devotions:
RESOURCES FOR FAMILY WORSHIP:
- Use the Westminster Shorter Catechism as a helpful guide for family worship!
- Westminster Shorter Catechism Project — awesome resource w/ study guides
- The Shorter Catechism in Modern English — plus simple helps
- Gordon Reed’s Westminster Daily Devotional — an excellent resource!
- The classic Westminster Shorter Catechism for Study Classes — by G.I. Williamson
- Training Hearts Teaching Minds: Family Devotions based upon the Shorter Catechism by Starr Meade
- Get a Daily Family Devotion emailed to you daily from David Servant
- Great Article on Doing Family Devotions with helpful hints for dads